[Gvsig_english] Linear referencing with gvSIG carreteras extension

Jorge Piera Llodrá jpiera at prodevelop.es
Tue Mar 15 13:55:10 CET 2011

Hi,

> I've testing the gvsig carreteras and found some problems:
>
> Linux instaler dont work, the script has carriage return (windows
> style) instead line feed. I've tried to fix with dos2unix but still
> dont work, maybe because it has text and binay data mixed.
Yes, last time I had a look I saw the same problem. I had to edit the
script manually and remove all the postgis functions. I hope they will
publish a new version of the script...

> Then, I've installed windows version. It presents a login screen, I
> type the passwordand get the error: "No existe el usuario 'admin'". The
> user exists, and the password is OK, I also tried user 'ADMINISTRADOR'
> and 'CONSULTA', with same results. I tried to connect to database from
> plain gvsig with succes (as the geometry_columns table is empty I can't
> load any layer but I cant connect with admin user)
I remember that it was a table called "admin.usuarios" where you have to
add these users manually. One time that the application is running you
can add more users unsing its user interface.  Other problem is thta
there are not roads to use the application. Would be a great a idea to
publish a dump of the database with a test data.
> The sql file dont work on linux but I can restore the database with
> minor editing the seguridad_vial.sql (removing '.dll' from library
> imports and removing a duplicate cast). I can send the edited
> seguridad_vial.sql file if anybody needs it.
Cool!

Regards,
Jorge