[Gvsig_english] German translation for OSGeo live DVD gvSIG quickstart available

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Thu Mar 17 06:13:39 CET 2011

Georg,

On 17/03/11 01:32, georgsedlmeir wrote:
> Dear users and OSGeo-coordinators, in the course of preparations for
 > FOSSGIS 2011 I've translated this gvSIG quickstart tutorial
> http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/quickstart/gvsig_quickstart.html
> into German (see attached file). It would be nice if someone integrated it
> into the DVD and the corresponding website. The screenshots need to be
> inserted again in German though, doing this here would change the layout and
> I don't have the example data used in the tutorial at hand.

> I'm planning on integrating the quickstart tutorial into the
 > german gvSIg wiki
 > http://www.gvsig.eu/mwgvsig/index.php?title=Inhaltsverzeichnis
> with modified screenshots and example data.

I am not sure how you started your translation (I suspect you translated
the HTML source rather than the RST file) but if you check the source
RST version you will see I released it as Creative Commons Attribution
Share-Alike.

https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc/en/quickstart/gvsig_quickstart.rst

Please make sure that the German Wiki appropriately attributes the text
(and creation of the images if you use them) to me, unlike what has
happened with the OSGeo Live DVD, which I have asked them to address.

    http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2011-March/008693.html

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper