[Gvsig_english] Is there any developer documentation aboutgvSIGmobile?

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Mon Mar 28 16:17:43 CEST 2011

Hello,
I think you have these 4 options:

Option 1. Some time ago there was an attempt to run gvSIG Mobile on Android. A developer called Christian Martín did a partial port of gvSIG Mobile to Android with some success. You can see the workspace here:

SVN: https://svn.prodevelop.es/public/labs
Folder: /android/gvsigdroid

That was on an relatively old version of Android (perhaps 1.5 or sooner?) so you might need to do some changes.

Option 2. You can start a new Android workspace and reuse the code from gvSIG Mobile. The projects beginning with "lib..." and the jar libraries should be reusable for the most part, while the GUI will be new. Also, the functionalities based on JNI will not work (but they are not very important). Simply remove all the classes that contain a native method and prevent other classes from using them.

Option 3. You can try the phoneME  JVM for Android, but I have no idea how good it is:

http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/?q=node/28

(gvSIG Mobile runs well on phoneME CDC Personal Profile)

Option 4. You can take the application gvSIG Mini and add the functionalities you want (for example take the code for the SHP driver and add it somehow to gvSIG Mini):

https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/How+to+build+the+gvSIG+Mini+workspace+in+Eclipse

gvSIG Mini does not handle a table of contents (a list of layers) so you'll have to do significant changes.

I recommend options 1 and 4.

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---