[Gvsig_english] Feature request: progress bar when loading big layers

Marcel Schoolmeesters schoolmeesters at gmx.de
Thu Mar 31 18:27:17 CEST 2011

Hey,

I think, your topic belongs to gvSIG Desktop?

However, gvsig mobile could need some progressbar, too, of course.

The question about loading vectorfiles is interesting, I think. As I've
got already problems with raster files @ 25MB...(start parameter at 256MB)

I've tested some shapefiles (from http://downloads.cloudmade.com)  with
the gvSIG Mobile src running in Eclipse (OS: Windows 7):

    File: france_highways.shp (size = 336277700)
    Error: "Error while opening file: Not enough memory" => no layer in
    ToC, but it is loaded into the map view!??

    File: spain_highways.shp (size = 185766396)
    Error: same error message

    File: germany_natural.shp (size = 152891836)
    Error: no problems!

    File: germany_highways.shp (size = 810905604)
    Error: not enough memory - of course

The problems seem to start at about 150MB? Does it depend on the
computer or does it depend on java itself? is there any differences
using gvsig mobile or gvsig desktop (while loading shape files) ?

Regards
Marcel