[Gvsig_english] Call for Mac Community contributors.

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Thu May 19 10:20:09 CEST 2011

Hi Agustin, Jorge, et al

There are some extensions not prepared yet to be used with the extensions
manager, and I don't know if we will be able to create a gvSIG distribution
for Mac OS from the desktop interface without . I think we will face this
problem in the near future... By now, and in my opinion, is a good idea to
distribute a gvSIG-Full package, with the latests versions of the
extensions.

About the ecw issue maybe Ben from OADE can share his knowledgement.

@Manuel (As the TSC-board contact): How do you think about creating a OSOR
project for Mac OS distributions? This way we can utilize svn, bugtracker,
wiki, etc. Is it possible?

Cheers

El 18/05/2011 18:48, Agustin Diez Castillo escribió:
> > Current issues in build 1303 [1]:
> >
> > - Normalization extension is not included
> > - Topology extension is not included.
> > - Latest sextante is not included.
> > - It can't deal with big ecw files.
> > - Nice 3D extension and animation are included.
> > - Raster works pretty well
> >
> > I guess an updated sextante will fix issues like misplacing a
> rasterization.
> >
> > However gvSIG OADE 2010 includes:
> > - Normalization extension
> > - Topology tools
> > - Can deal with big ecw files AFAICT
> > - Does not include the 3D extension
> > - It has fixable errors when reprojecting
> >
> > Both have problem with windows like filters and none have the latest
> NavTable and OpenCad tools.
> >
> > [1]
> http://forge.osor.eu/frs/download.php/1556/gvSIG-3D-1_11_0-RC1-1303mac-i586.dmg
> >

> Having or not this or that extension is not an issue anymore in my
> humble opinion. The new addons manager (>=1.11), let you install any
> catalogued extension (official or not) and you even can add your own
> server if you don't like the official one.
>
> With 2.0 version you will be able to even create your own gvSIG
> distribution easily right from the gvSIG Desktop interface, so you will
> be able to create a custom distribution for your students or
> organization if you wish with any extension or custom development at
> your hand.
>
> Cheers
>
> - --
> Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
> gvSIG Team at Prodevelop
> Technical Collaborations Manager
> http://www.gvsig.org
> http://www.gvsig.com

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es