[Gvsig_english] raster projection

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Mon May 23 17:36:47 CEST 2011

Thea,

There is no official standard for saving CRS info in a GIS dataset.
So the fact that ArcGIS has saved this information in your DEM file
does not mean that gvSIG will be able to understand it correctly.

Unfortunately, there is also a bug in the raster reprojection function
of gvSIG which leads to a crash unless both the source and target
CRS are from the EPSG database, and therefore have a valid EPSG code.

What I recommend you do is:
Set up your project View using the EPSG code that matches the CRS
you want to use, then load the raster. If gvSIG tells you about
an unknown "projection", just click "Ignore". If you have set up
the correct CRS, then your data should end up in the correct place.

Ben