[Gvsig_english] scalebar in EPSG 4326 (wgs 84 World 2D)

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Mon May 23 17:45:20 CEST 2011

Hi Carsten --

EPSG 4326 is an unprojected geodetic system.
Since no projection to cartesian coordinate space is done,
the scale of the displayed data varies, depending on where you
measure it -- that's why there are no globes with scale bars
printed on them ;). All you could do is draw an estimated
scale bar yourself in an external program and then import
that into your gvSIG map layout.

Alternatively, you can project your data into a cartesian
system, such as UTM and work with that.

Ben