[Gvsig_english] gvSIG advantages

Chethan S. chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:45:24 CEST 2011

Hi all!

My first post in this list. I have been a GRASS GIS user for nearly an year
now. Just for a change I was searching for FOSS GIS packages when I came
across gvSIG. Looking at the
screenshots<http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/tour/image-gallery-1>here
gvSIG seems to have lot of features. I particularly liked the single
window interface when compared to GRASS. So I wanted to know how gvSIG would
suit for image processing and GIS operations in general. How are the map
composing features in gvSIG? I would also like to know which fares better
amongst gvSIG or GRASS for image classification task - particularly
digitizing training sites which is improving in GRASS these days(even then
working with QGIS is easy for the purpose), ability to handle large rasters
and vectors in the process, ease of map composing etc.

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.