[Gvsig_english] dbf encoding-postgis

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:49:08 CEST 2011

Hi Magdalena.

You need to assign cp1250 to your dbf file and be sure that you see well
the characters in dbf file.
Then, you can export the layer to a PostgreSQL database with Latin1
enconding or UTF8 encoding. It should work if you are using the latest
release of gvSIG (1.11).
If it doesn't work, please, send us your shp layer in order to test it.

Cheers.

Fran.

El 24/05/2011 12:23, Magdalena Krufova escribió:
> Dear list,
>
> I have shapefiles with non-english characters in atribute tables
> (character encoding Cp1250) and I need to export them to PostGIS
> (database has set encoding to UTF-8). I tried to use "Assign DBF
> encoding" and set "DBF encoding" in Preferences, but still czech
> characters appear as squares or question marks. What is the right
> setting of DBF encoding or how should I solve it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magdalena Krufova
> Geosense s.r.o.

Fran Peñarrubia