[Gvsig_english] tilerastercache utility program

Ioan Ferencik ioan.ferencik at aalto.fi
Tue Nov 22 19:31:12 CET 2011

Alberto,

I have been trying to build the cache for gvSIG mobile from WMS.
My scenario is as follows:
I have deployed MapServer
I have replaced the MapRendererFactory in Main.java with
WMSMapRendererFactory and added wms library to Maven dependencies in pom.xml
You program is working but there are a couple of issues:
1. the WMSRenderer isn't WMS 1.3.0 compliant (it does not supply the
EXCEPTIONS parameter and MapServer complains about this) so i specified
1.1.1 version and passed the issue ( I have to theck what do OGC standards
namely 1.1.1 specify for EXCEPTIONS.
2. as long as I use EPSG 4326, 900913, 3785 it works. However with other
proj (3067) it fails.
I tried to figure out why is that and could not really figure out if the
mobile uses geoapi or something else like the desktop version of gvSIG. So
my guess is you are handling a limited number of projections in gvsig
mobile. The TileConversor is the class responsible for transforming alng
with GeoUtils. It wnat to use geoapi to be able to convert on the fly the
coordinates. Also the Main class always expects lat/lon arguments.

I'll update you on the status.

CHeers