[Gvsig_english] GPS points are located at a wrong position on the map

Klaus Schaefer klaus.schaefer4 at giz.de
Mon Oct 10 08:38:41 CEST 2011

Hi Lisa and Ricarda,

even though this ist not enough information to look into it, I'm pretty sure
it is a projection issue. Check the projection of your waypoints and of your
gvSIG settings.

I'm using a Garmin GPS device and work with all the options you mentioned
(DNR Garmin, Excel file e.g.). I also compare with Google Earth projections.
I've never recognized this issue, exept when using a wrong projection for a
shapefile.

Best regards
Klaus