[Gvsig_english] GPS points are located at a wrong position on the map

Lisa and Ricarda ricarda_s at gmx.de
Fri Oct 7 12:05:18 CEST 2011

Hello,
Does anyone have any idea what the reason for the following problem could
be?
You would help us a lot!

We collected GPS-points and loaded them into gvSIG
- on one hand directly via the DNR Garmin Software by saving the waypoints
and tracks as shapefiles,
- on the other hand by loading them first (as .gpx files) in Google Earth
(there they were projected at the correct position) and then in gvSIG
-  and finally we invented own coordinates, inserted them in an Excel-table
and loaded them into gvSIG via the csv-driver and then as an Event layer.

In all these cases the points are shown at a wrong position (very far away
from where they should be located), somewhere near x=0 and y=0. But when we
look in their attribute tables, the values of x and y are correct there.

We already tried to solve the problem by changing the projections, but it
didn't help...

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Lisa and Ricarda