[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.11 export layer to PostgreSQL/PostGIS

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Tue Sep 6 10:33:00 CEST 2011

Hello,
I have checked and there is a problem when you export to PostGIS a layer which is being reprojected on the fly: for example, if the view is in EPSG:4326 and you add a shapefile in EPSG:32737 and export it to PostGIS, the geometries are ok (EPSG:4326) but the geometry_columns table says they are in EPSG:32737. I never found a "-1" as in your example.

Are you reprojecting on the fly and exporting at the same time? If so, try to do it in two steps:

- create view in EPSG:4326
- add shapefile in EPSG:32737 (called for example "file_32737.shp")
- export to a new shapefile (called for example "file_4326.shp") and add it to the view (must overlap exactly the previous layer)
- export the new layer to PostGIS

The problem still happens in that case?

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio