[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.11 export layer to PostgreSQL/PostGIS

Klaus Schaefer klaus.schaefer4 at giz.de
Thu Sep 8 11:29:01 CEST 2011

Hello folks,

yes, this issue is resolved by setting my view to EPSG:4326. I was using the
wrong projection in my view!

So far there is only little issues left:

1) The backslash ("\") can still not be used in gvSIG attribute data. When
exporting to PostGIS this results in an error e.g. the character is replaced
by something else. Notice that I have UTF-8 in both PostgreSQL and gvSIG
DBF-encoding. However, as mentioned before, a workaround is to use the
regular slash ("/") wich is accepted in Windows to set up a hyperlink
reference as well.

2) I have a nice "line type" layer which represents my water scheme. I can
"draw" and save as shape file and export it into PostGIS without complains,
it gets store there as "MULTILINESTRING". However - when I try to add it
from PostGIS as a gvSIG layer I receive the error message "Error al cargar
la capa: ERROR: geometry requires more points". Any ideas on this...?

Thanks again a lot for all your support and help!!!

Klaus