[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and TIN-data?

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:53:47 CEST 2011

Hi Wolfang,

3D extension can't load TIN (Triangulated Irregular Network) as the terrain
is subdivided in a regular mesh. Anyway you can do a workaround converting
your TIN into polygons with z coordinate and then try to load it into gvSIG
3D. You can see postgis 3D videotutorial in gvSIG 3D blog[1] to see the
effect you would be able to get with this kind of workaround.

As a side comment this is a very interesting development for us and we hope
we can face it in the future.

Cheers

[1]http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com/2011/07/coming-soon-postgis-3d.html

El 20 de septiembre de 2011 14:24, José Antonio Canalejo Alonso <
jacanalejo at yahoo.es> escribió:

> Yes, I think you are right. I was thinking about the extension ".adf".
> We were discussing this (TIN -
> http://git.zcu.cz/index.php/Sextante:_TIN_creating) with Victor and other
> developers in the past.
> Best regards
> Jose
>
> >I am afraid it's not. The extension ".adf" is also used for ArcInfo binary
> grids. And that's what the GDAL driver understands. A TIN in ArcGIS is a
> custom >data structure. I don't know any open source driver that can read
> this format. I am not even sure there is publicly available documentation,
> so that an open >source driver could be developed.
> >Ben

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es