[Gvsig_english] gvSig Mini - missing "App directory"

Alberto Romeu aromeu at prodevelop.es
Thu Sep 22 12:40:50 CEST 2011

Hi Werner,

sorry to hear that. That certified is unmantained since more than a
year, so yes, it should be expired.

The reason why the 'offline mode' is hidden in the unsigned version is
because we found out that there were devices with very restrictive
security policies. Those devices didn't allow installing third party
signed applications, writing into the file system, etc. So we decided to
release an unsigned version for those cases. For the rest of devices
installing the signed application was ok, either through the jad or jar.

I don't know if it's planned to continue signing the app, if so I will
post the list. Besides that, anyone can buy a certificate, build the
sources [1]  and redistribute a signed version of gvSIG Mini for Java
phones :P

[1] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Java+Download

Regards,

Alberto.