[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.11 not running on MacOS X 10.7 Lion

Jordi Torres jtorresfabra at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:39:49 CEST 2011

Hi Alexandre and Ben,

This issue is probably related whit this other[1]. Maybe recompilation of
some native libraries is a must for OSX Lion. Sadly we do not have a machine
with Lion to do tests or to compile anything :(. By now we have to get
stucked with Snow Leopard.

Cheers.

2011/9/22 Alexandre Leroux <alexandreleroux at gmail.com>

> Thanks for the great instructions.
>
> Terminal tells me that I have the latest version:
>        iMac-Focus:~ Alex$ java -version
>                java version "1.6.0_26"
>                Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build
> 1.6.0_26-b03-383-11A511)
>                Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02-383, mixed
> mode)
>        iMac-Focus:~ Alex$
>
> Then I confirm I already have Java installed and that gvSIG does *not* run
> on my Mac.
>
> Here's a part of the crash report that gvSIG systematically generates, the
> bug seems to be related to "_iconv" missing:
>
> > Process:         JavaApplicationStub [23535]
> > Identifier:      com.iver.andami.Launcher
> > Version:         ??? (???)
> > Code Type:       X86 (Native)
> > Parent Process:  launchd [142]
> > Date/Time:       2011-09-22 10:20:09.141 -0400
> > OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.7.1 (11B26)
> > [...]
> > Application Specific Information:
> > dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries
> >
> > Dyld Error Message:
> >   Symbol not found: _iconv
> >   Referenced from: /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
> >   Expected in:
> /Applications/gvSIG-1.11.0-RC1.app/Contents/MacOS/libiconv.2.dylib
> >  in /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
>

> Hope this helps -
>
> Alex
>

> Le 2011-09-22 à 10:02, Benjamin Ducke a écrit :
> > It seems to be available here:
> >
> >  http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1421
> >
> > After installation, open a Terminal and type:
> >
> >  java -version
> >
> > to make sure it's installed correctly on your system.
> >
> > Ben
> >
> > --
> > Benjamin Ducke
> > {*} Geospatial Consultant
> > {*} GIS Developer
> >
> >  benducke at fastmail.fm
> >

> > On Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:51 AM, "Alexandre Leroux"
> > <alexandreleroux at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Benjamin - thanks for the blazing fast reply,
> >>
> >> Since I'm upgrading from 10.6, I presumed I already have it installed.
> >> But since I could not confirm, I tried to find it on the web and install
> >> it again, but failed. I can't seem to find it.
> >> http://www.apple.com/search/?q=java+runtime yields no pertinent
> results.
> >> Anywhere I can find this "Apple Java Runtime" prerequisite for using
> >> gvSIG?
> >>
> >> If there is a prerequisite for gvSIG under Lion, it would be nice to
> >> mention it on the download page
> >> (http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/other-distributions ).
> >>

> >> Cheers - Alex :-)

Jordi Torres Fabra

gvSIG 3D blog
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
http://www.ai2.upv.es