[Gvsig_english] WFS layer attributes bug (2)

FulviaGS fulvia.gambalonga-sottsass at provincia.bz.it
Thu Sep 29 12:27:37 CEST 2011

Hello,
I have a problem with WFS layers (gvSIG 1.11 - O.S. Win): when the attribute
table of a layer configured in a WFS contains fields with underscore ("_")
in their name, gvSIG ignore them and puts a blank (" ") instead of the
underscore. In this way it’s impossible to assign a label based on that
field, or perform a join or a filter, etc.
There are posts about this problem of more than a year ago, and the last
answer was “…The solution is just add an option to gvSIG to change this
escape character or just not change the escape character in the reading
process. We will fix it in next release. “ (Jorge Piera Llodrà, 21.04.2010)
I work in a local administration and we planned to use gvSIG as GIS standard
client for our users. Most of our data are in ArcSDE 8.3 format and WFS is
currently the only way for us to load our data on gvSIG, but the problem
above makes impossible to follow our plan!!
Dear gvSIG developers, I know you are very busy but...when you intend to
solve the problem?

Thanks for your answer,
Fulvia