[Gvsig_english] defining a mask for rasterization

Andre Pais andre.pais.cvl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:46:55 CEST 2012

Hi there, I would like to know if there is a tool or option that allows users
to define a mask, for example a region or province, so that when I rasterize
a shapefile that contains information about the Temperature for a country,
the result is only for the area selected as mask and not the entire country.

I would also like to know the reason why after generating a raster, based on
a specific field, for example landcover, the resulting image doesn´t have a
legend showing the existing landcover codes, nor is it possible to open the
attribute table like we can in ArcGIS. Does this happens with the sextante
raster calculator as well?

Thank you for the attention given, André Pais.