[Gvsig_english] Cannot add GeoDb table to a View (Antonio Falciano)

Al Vigil albert.vigil at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 02:57:44 CEST 2012

Antonio,

The problem is solved.  I followed up with postgis via the ticket you mentioned in your message.  Their advise, to install legacy.sql, fixed the problem.  This is what posgis said:

  Comment(by robe):

   Al,

   You can try installing the legacy.sql file packaged with PostGIS 2.0 that
   is in share/contrib/postgis-2.0 folder (where the other PostGIS scripts
   are).  That reinstalls all the legacy functions we took out and resolves
   many of these kinds of issues.

   If that still doesn't work, can you turn on logging on your database and
   let us know what errors you are seeing in the logs.

   to turn on logging do the following - replace mygisdb with the name of the
   database you are connecting to.

   {{{
   ALTER DATABASE mygisdb SET log_statement='all';
   }}}

   The logs are usually written to the pg_logs folder of your PostgreSQL data
   folder.
   Check the latest one -- usually notes the missing function or issue with
   call.