[Gvsig_english] [Advise] Keep the name of the table on the database under 30 characters

Francisco Puga fpuga at cartolab.es
Tue Feb 28 16:21:58 CET 2012

Hi,

We have detected a bug in gvSIG which means that if the name of a
table in the database is long (greater than 30 characters) can cause
many problems. This problem will be solved for gvSIG 1.12, but as a
workaround you should use short names for the names of the tables.

Also, we fix a small problem that we expect decrease the amount of
resources used by postgis.

We are still testing it to see that everything works properly, if
anyone is interested in testing it would be appreciated.

More information on this bug:
https://devel.gvsig.org/redmine/issues/378

cheers

--
Francisco Puga
Grupo de Desarrollo

ETS Ingeniería de Caminos, Canales y Puertos
Universidade da Coruña
Campus de Elviña - 15071 A Coruña (España)
(34)981167000 ext. 5493