[Gvsig_english] gvSIG projects migration to our new servers finished

gvSIG News Office press at gvsig.com
Wed Jan 25 09:16:47 CET 2012

As some of you already know, at the end of last year the OSOR project forge was closed and replaced by the new Joinup service. The projects that were available in OSOR had been migrated to Joinup.

In the case of the gvSIG project, we thought the new Joinup service was not going to fulfill our needs, so we started to prepare our own services for the source and maven repositories, as well as the trackers for bugs and feature requests.

In any case we are really grateful with the OSOR team for the services provided to the gvSIG community since during all the time we where hosted there.

The migration has been already performed, and all previous gvSIG project services are already available in the new servers:

    * Subversion repositories: all the previous projects in osor have been migrated under the new subversion server [1]. Each project, as before, has its own repository, like the main gvsig desktop subversion repository [2].
    * Trackers and projects issues and tasks: the OSOR forge has been replaced with a redmine based service [3]. There you will find a project with the bugs and feature requests trackers for the gvsig desktop project [4]. The OSOR forge trackers have not been still migrated, so you will find only find a few issues, but it may be already used to create new ones.
    * Maven repository [5]

The gvsig desktop 2.0 projects maven configuration has already been updated to point to the new servers, so you should be able to compile without problems. Also a new build has been prepared (2043) [6], already in the new servers.

The gvsig desktop application and addons will be available also through a new downloads server. All those URLs are being updated in the projects main portal [7], but bear us if there is still any reference to the old OSOR locations or there are still some broken references. The development downloads page is still not working 100%.

For developers, the page about how to prepare a workspace with the gvSIG 2.0 core projects [8] has been updated also.

Sorry everybody for any problems related to the migration. We hope we can start working again as always from now on.

–
gvSIG Team

[1] https://devel.gvsig.org/svn/
[2] https://devel.gvsig.org/svn/gvsig-desktop