[Gvsig_english] [Gvsigce-community] gvSIG and gvSIG-CE, when will someone clarify the situation?

José Antonio Canalejo Alonso jacanalejo at yahoo.es
Mon Jul 30 10:03:44 CEST 2012

>Hello All,
>They propose assimilation of their training material and links to their
>website into the gvSIG projects LiveDVD material.

They aren't only training material. I consider this package as a very good way (quickstart) to starting with gvSIG.
This package was made before CE appeared and contains 100% information about gvSIG. It should be also promoted with gvSIG.

>This leads to the second reason I care. I like gvSIG and I also like
>what Benjamin, Victor, Luca, José, Fernando and others have done. The
>resulting progeny is stable and very useful.

Thank you, I like also both!

Some of the new functionalities coming with gvSIG 1.12 [1] were made by gvSIG CE team:
- Latest Sextante version (1.0) integrated.
- Support of negative values in interval symbology.
- Authomatic legend loading from .gvl files for shapefiles.
And this is our hope that both projects will benefit from a lively exchange of ideas and code. This is happening right now, we are exchanging code between both projects. Some patches made in CE have being reviewed by gvSIG developers and they will be integrated also into the next version of gvSIG 1.x

[1] http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/official/gvsig-1.12/notas-de-version/new-features/view?set_language=en

> Cheers Simon
Best regards!
Jose