[Gvsig_english] gvSIG magazine article suggestions

Christoph Mayrhofer christoph.mayrhofer at gutech.edu.om
Thu Mar 1 11:01:51 CET 2012

Dear José,

I will present at the GI_Forum, which takes place simultaneously and also at the University of Salzburg,
Therefore, I could also attend the AGIT. In terms of a gvSIG presentation:
I mainly used gvSIG mobile. The Z_GIS (Center for Geoinformatics in Salzburg) developed an
online mapping tool for ecologists to map previously collected field data.
I suggested a combination of gvSIG mobile with custom forms (created with ThinG) and a tool that I created
that allows to download VHR images from a ministry WMS and to convert them to .ecw in order to have a workaround for offline WMS usage (that is not supported by gvSIG mobile). gvSIG desktop is only used to review the collected data before entering it to the online mapping tool. If that is of interest to you and the user meeting I could do a presentation. If you only need a general overview of the function I would also be able to do that.

Looking forward to meet you in Salzburg,
Christoph