[Gvsig_english] Setting up the project

Huseyin Yagli huseyinyagli at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 10:31:06 CET 2012

Thank you very much for the information, Iori. I could finally get the project running.
I'll explain my steps for those who have the same problems. I am using Windows 7 64 bit, Eclipse 3.7.1
I'm new to Android and gvsig, so I may have some misunderstandings, but here is what I understood:

- The errors "AbstractAction cannot be resolved to a type" and "ActionBar cannot be resolved to a type" seem to be because of the Eclipse ADT plugin version. Using the ADT plugin version 12 seems to solve the problem.
- To use the ADT version 12, we have to also use Android SDK Tools version r12.
- The problem with SDK 12 is that it's repository.xml is outdated and cannot download the platform tools and required android platform tools. It will also try to update it's self to version 15 which will not work with eclipse plugin version 12.
- So to use SDK 12, you have to get the SDK and platforms offline. Information is here: http://qdevarena.blogspot.com/2010/05/download-android-sdk-standalone-for.html
- I used Android 2.2 as platform.
- It's not in the blog post but you will also need the platform-tools for Android SDK: https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r10-windows.zip  (or platform-tools_r10-linux.zip)

- When you first import the projects you got from svn, it doesn't build. I right-clicked the projects and chose Android->Fix Project Settings to make it build.
- I also chose the Android 2.2 as project build target for all projects.

- After building I still got errors about the override declarations. I changed the Java version requirement from 1.5 to 1.6 and it fixed those errors.
- I also had to increase the heap memory from eclipse.ini because I got Java Heap Errors.

And now I finally got it running in the emulator :D

Huseyin Yagli