[Gvsig_english] dual monitor and gvsig

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 17 10:18:13 CET 2012

Paolo,

IMHO, this is the weakest point about the gvSIG
GUI.

The problem is that gvSIG uses its own window
management, based on an MDI (multiple document
interface) called Andami (correct me if I am
wrong here). This works OK for single
monitors, but it gets in the way of the operating
system's window manager, so multi-monitor setups
will not work well.

The best solution IMHO would be to get rid of the
Andami MDI and let the operating system handle the
application windows (which it does much better than
any custom MDI ever could, anyway).

However, Andami is deeply embedded in gvSIG,
so I am afraid we are stuck with it for the
foreseeable future.

Ben