[Gvsig_english] Generalization

Lucie Prunarová lprunarova at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:32:04 CET 2012

Hi everybody,
I need to generalize polygons in gvSIG 1.11 (on Windows XP). In Sextante
there is simplify polygons function, but it's not exactly what I'm looking
for. I need to make simple shapes (rectangles) from polygons, but I didn't
find this function in gvSIG. Can anybody help me, how to do it there? (I
also tried Geometries to points and then Minimum enclosing shapes, but this
function doesn't work).

Exists alsoo simplify for points? (to erase points whish are closer than
some distance)

Other question is, if gvSIG has orthogonize function (when generalize, then
make shape with all angles in corners 90° - rectangle)

Thanks,
Lucie