[Gvsig_english] dual monitor and gvsig

Francisco José Peñarrubia fpenarru at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:21:46 CET 2012

Hi.

There are some gvSIG extensions that are not distributed with the main
package, although they are official extensions, and has been tested and
approved.
For example, 3D extension is 100% official, or Network Analysis
extension....

These are not packaged by default because the people in gvSIG's Board
has voted and decided is better to don't bother the big part of users
with functions that they not use or don't need.
I may think different, but I remark there was a votation, and this was
the result.

If there are more and more people that think different, and they ask for
a package with more plugins, maybe this will change. But until then,
everyone can make his own distribution, or install the plugins he need.

Cheers.

Fran.

El 22/03/2012 12:49, Jordi Torres escribió:
> Hi Paolo,
>
>     thanks Jordi and Andres,
>     I'll try the extDockinSking.
>     why not implement it in official gvsig distribution?
>

> It's not up to us (Andres or me) to take this kind of decissions.
> Anyway, once extDockingSkin is installed and activated (in
> preferences) you don't need anymore to set it up.
>
> Cheers.
>
>     Paolo
>

>     2012/3/22 Andrés Maneiro <amaneiro at icarto.es
>     <mailto:amaneiro at icarto.es>>
>
>         Try out gvSIG-EIEL, a customized version of gvSIG. As far as I
>         know,
>         extDockinSking is the default window manager so you will be
>         able to work with
>         dual monitor properly:
>         http://cartolab.udc.es/cartoweb/gvsig-eiel/menu/descarga/usuarios/
>
>         Andrés
>
>         On 19/03/12 20:17, VT wrote:
>         > Ben,
>         > Yes, it is a very weak point. During use it's normal to open
>         a lot of child
>         > windows and it's very difficult to manage them in one
>         monitor. IMHO at this
>         > point it could be more useful the possibility to fix windows
>         in the interface
>         > instead of using obsolete arcview3.x styled floating childs...
>         >
>         > thanks
>         >
>         > Paolo
>         >

> Jordi Torres Fabra
>
> gvSIG 3D blog
> http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com
> Instituto de Automática e Informática Industrial
> http://www.ai2.upv.es

Fran Peñarrubia
Scolab
www.scolab.es