[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and GPS

Klaus Schaefer klaus.schaefer4 at giz.de
Fri Mar 30 08:16:57 CEST 2012

The existing GPS extension still works with gvSIG 1.11 - I am using it with a
Garmin GPS device and that works fine. I like it very much because it allows
me to download all or selected points directly as a new shape file layer.

However - the extension is not yet "offcial", unfortunately not translated
properly to other languages than Spanish and there is no proper
documentation of the function and features. I could not get it to work with
a Trimble GPS device, so there seems to be some restrictions regarding the
supported devices.

I have no idea regarding future support in gvSIG releases 1.12 and 2.0, so
someone else might give this information. I would appreciate and recommend
to have it fully integrated and not to be a separate extension any more.

Best regards
Klaus