[Gvsig_english] .DBF MANIPULATION

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Thu May 24 18:28:40 CEST 2012

On 25/05/12 01:55, Andre Pais wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a couple of problems for which I would appreciate an answer:
>
> 1 - Since gvSIG doesn´t allow to create tables, I created one in ArcCatalog.
> I also edited the table using Arcmap (new fields that were edited). Why
> isn´t it possible to add a table to a project in which I have vectorial
> layers??????

Add the table in the project. Click on Table - New and select you new file.

> 2 - Given this, what is the point of having the option JOIN if I can´t have
> both the .dbf table and the shapefile(which has of course a table associated
> with) in one same view?

When you are in your view, open your attribute table then select join.
You can select the primary key of each table and a linked version will
appear.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator / Website Administrator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides