[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.11, problems with oracle spatial layer when trying to sort the table

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Thu Nov 8 16:11:54 CET 2012

Dear list,

we observed that sorting big attributes tables of Oracle Spatial layers
takes very long compared to shapefiles.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to cancel this operation (btw, a
button "cancel" would be great here). It is impossible to continue
working with gvSIG. It's just bottled up...

I threw a glance at the logfile and noted that one line was repeated
endlessly:

WARN AWT-EventQueue-1 es.prodevelop.cit.gvsig.fmap.drivers.jdbc.oracle.OracleSpatialUtils - Linearized a 3D GPX, z[i] = 0

Since the expression "3D" occurs, I could imagine that the problem could
be linked rather to the property "3D" than to the size of the layer
(gvSIG (at least) had some problems with 3D/z-values). I would be very
happy for any comments.

Applying a filter to these kind of layers is impossible as selecting
fields will also blockade gvSIG.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Qual

Landeshauptstadt München
Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt
Umweltschutz, Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11
Team Klimaschutz, Energie

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05
E-Mail:   wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Internet: http://www.muenchen.de/rgu

Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm