[Gvsig_english] Fwd: raster buffer

Dietrich Schroeder dietrich.schroeder at hft-stuttgart.de
Tue Oct 2 20:49:17 CEST 2012

Dear Andre,

some time ago, I’ve had to solve a similar problem.

According to my research, such a tool doesn’t exist in Sextante.

I used the following workaround:

-          start from the line vector data

-          use lines to equidistant points (with distance approximately according to your raster cell resolution)

-          use Euclidean Distance, which will create a raster with the shortest distances to the points, i.e. or original lines.

At least, this approach did work for my rather small dataset.

Regards

Dietrich