[Gvsig_english] performance issue with gvSIG desktop 1.12

Klaus Schaefer klaus.schaefer4 at giz.de
Tue Oct 16 08:54:30 CEST 2012

OK, let me add a few more findings after several tests:

1) gvSIG 1.12
I created a new project. I loaded all my 180 raster grafics into that
project. That lasted 1min only! I resized the view so that ALL images are
visible. I saved the project. I closed gvSIG. I started gvSIG and opened the
project. It took 18 (!!!) minutes until everything was loaded, showing the
behaviour I initially described in this thread (reloading every raster slice
each time over and over again until everthing was finally loaded).

2) gvSIG 1.11
I reduced my initial project to have the 180 raster grafics only. I resized
the view so that ALL images are visible. I saved the project as a new
project. I closed gvSIG. I started gvSIG and opened the project. It took 1
minute and 15 seconds (!!!) until everything was loaded!

I believe something is wrong with raster memory-management in version 1.12.
Maybe it's a small configuration issue only, but it has a huge performance
impact. I would love the developers to have a look into this. Currently I
continue with 1.11, as per my impression 1.12 is not really "stable" yet in
other areas as well (see separate report of mine about 1.12 issues I faced).

Best regards
klaus