[Gvsig_english] performance issue with gvSIG desktop 1.12

Klaus Schaefer klaus.schaefer4 at giz.de
Fri Oct 19 09:26:03 CEST 2012

Hello Francisco,

now that I recognize your quick and very professional work, let me ask a
related question

I recognize that the view window always gets refreshed, even when the action
does not change anything in the view, e.g. opening the attribute table and
even closing it. Specifically when having a lot of images in the background,
that always takes up a lot of time... Why are we doing this? (This is
behaviour in 1.11 as well).

I understand, of course, that when I change the view, size it or drag it,
this is necessary. But in relation to the mentioned actions I feel it is
totally unnecessary. Do you see a chance to "optimize" the screen refreshing
in 1.12 (and/or 2.0x)?

Thanks again for your quick response and action you have shown. I appreciate
it very much!!!

Klaus