[Gvsig_english] raster buffer

Andre Pais andre.pais.cvl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 14:22:31 CEST 2012

Hi there,

So I need to generate a raster theme that represents the distance to the
road network of a certain area. I started with the shapefile that represents
the road network, then I converted it to raster using "rasterize vector
layer". Now, I need to use a function that makes buffers to the road network
similar to "Euclidean Distance" of Arcmap. I´ve tried "raster buffer" of
Sextante but it doesn´t return what I need. For example, in the function´s
options I defined my input (the road network raster) and the buffer distance
as 100 (my cell size). The output varies from 0 to 2 and I cannot understand
what it represents nor its appearance looks minimally similar with what I´ve
done with Arcmap.

I would bery much appreciate an answer

Regards, André Pais.