[Gvsig_english] Sextante "Union" function causes StackOverflowError

georgsedlmeir georg.sedlmeir at muenchen.de
Mon Apr 29 11:06:28 CEST 2013

Dear list,
applying the "Union" algorithm from Sextante to one of our bigger shapefiles
(ca. 300.000 polygons), the progress bar keeps constantly growing all the
way to the right and suggests completion of the process, but then an error
message pops up, saying "java.lang.StackOverflowError". There is no
corresponding entry in the gvSIG.log file, and no other window showing a
stack trace, all we get is the error message. We tried it on different
computers and both on local hard drives and over the network. The resulting
shapefile contains only one column named "class" with no values attached.
What could be the reason for the behavior described above?  Any suggestions
and ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Georg