[Gvsig_english] CrsJniProj.dll problem when open a project

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Sun Dec 15 23:48:55 CET 2013

On 16/12/13 05:19, Valerio wrote:
> Deal all,
> many users are encountering problems with gvsig 1.12 and the notorious
> error of crjniproj.dll.
> This is the error message when a user try to open a gvp project
> previously saved.
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\gvSIG desktop
> 1.12.0\CrsJniProj.dll: Can't find dependent libraries at
> java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method).
> This error occurs on an increasing number of pc and also with the
> portable version. It has no relation to the version of java. The
> installations concerned have the java 1.6 or portable.
> Sometimes it can be solved by copying proj.dll and crsjniproj.dll from
> gvSIG/binaries/w32 to JRe6/bin/.
> In other occasions it is necessary to uninstall and install again gvsig.
> Unfortunately, in many cases it seems that there is no solution and many
> users decide to leave the software.
> Is there a definitive solution to this problem?
> If not, waiting for a stable 2.1 (when? how many months?) I think it
> could be very important a 1.13 release that solves this problem together
> with others (i.e. the disappearance of the symbology in symbol editor).
> I think it's worth repeating: this situation leads to the further
> abandonment of the software to other solutions.
>
> Best Regards and thanks in advance
>
> Valerio

Hi Valerio,

Hopefully the developers are monitoring the list and can help.
Unfortunately traffic on this list has been quite low over the previous
6-12 months so if you have not received any help within 24 hours then
try the gvSIG chat rooms on freenode.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides