[Gvsig_english] DBF Encoding in gvSIG 2.0

Serguei Mikhailov cadastreng at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 06:22:24 CET 2013

Hi,

in gvSIG 1.x there is an option in the Preferences (DBF Encoding) that
allows users to set the encoding of the DBF files, Win-1251 for example.

But in gvSIG 2.0, this option has disappeared from the Preferences menu. So
I can't read a Cyrillic text in DBF files when I add they in the gvSIG 2.0
project.

Could anybody tell me, please, is this an issue or there is another way to
set the encoding of the DBF files in the gvSIG 2.0?

Thank you very much,

Serguei Mikhailov
NPO GISIT, Lipetsk, Russia