[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 2.0 and sextante?

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 18:52:32 CEST 2013

Let me reword my phrase:

It is sad that you decided to create your own API just because (as
Alvaro said), you didn't want anything created by the gvSIG
association to not be GPL. So instead, of contributing to  SEXTANTE,
you wrote your own geoprocessing API and wrote your new geprocesses
for your API instead of directly for SEXTANTE.

So, in the end, the reason why we do not have those geoprocesses in
the official SEXTANTE bindings is a matter of licenses, because, if
you were happy with the SEXTANTE license, I suppose you would have
contributed those new algorithms to SEXTANTE (as far as I understand,
the gvSIG project had no other reason for forking SEXTANTE than the
license issue, right?). There is already an app-specific package with
algorithms such as those ones, that only run on gvSIG and are not
generic, so that wouldn't be a problem

Ideally, the changes you made for the new geoprocessing framework in
2.0 should be on SEXTANTE, having new bindings for 2.0 (and maybe
other changes that could benefit other applications), but the lack of
understanding between both projects lead to this. And that lack of
understanding was caused by a license issue...

I am not saying it is a bad thing, but that's how it all happened....

Cheers