[Gvsig_english] Problem gvSIG 2.0.0.2066 -- How do I work with Multisurface3D Shapefiles?

Cèsar Ordiñana cordinyana at gvsig.com
Thu Jun 6 11:43:45 CEST 2013

El 06/06/13 10:44, Simon Cropper escribió:
> Jukka,
>
> To be honest nor have I.
>
> This is what is reported in the gvSIG layer properties dialog.

Hi,

The MultiSurface3D type is the gvSIG geometry type name, not the Shape
type name, as it is independent of the data source type.

The relationship between gvSIG geometry types and the shapefile ones is,
more or less:

- Surface: Polygon
- Curve: Polyline
- Point: Point
- 3D: Z
- 2D: Nothing

We share the prefix "Multi" and when we add support for geometries with
"M" it will be added as a suffix also.

So a Shape of Polyline type should become a Curve2D in gvSIG, a Shape of
PolygonZ type must become a Surface3D, ... In the case of a MultiPatch
Shape, maybe it would become a MultiSurface2D or MultiSurface3D, but I'm
not sure if this is being taken into account in the current code. Anyway
I suppose this is not the case of Simon's shape file, so it seems to me
there is a bug in the information shown in the layer properties dialog.

Simon, would you be able to share the shapefile with us so we can try to
find what is happening? If I understood you well, the file is opened in
gvSIG but the editing and geoprocessing tools don't work with it. Is
that so?

Regards.

--
Cèsar Ordiñana Navarro