[Gvsig_english] Feedback gvSIG 2.0.0.2066 -- Stable or Beta?

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Tue Jun 11 01:31:50 CEST 2013

Hi Guys,

Operating System: Ubuntu 13.04 (using Gnome Classic Interface).
gvSIG Version 2.0.0.2066
Java version: 1.6.0_20

**FEEDBACK**

Having used gvSIG v2 for the last week I wonder whether it is
appropriate that it is flagged as the latest release with a few "known
errors".

I must be unlucky as I have stumbled on many such errors and wasted
quite a lot of time trying to work around various issues. Editing in
this version caused data corruption over and over, on different
shapefiles sourced from different locations.

In the end, due to time constraints, I have reverted to using gvSIG
v1.10 and using other open source applications (QGIS and GRASS) to
complete what at best would be called basic spatial work.

Personally, I think this version should be flagged as "Beta" as it is in
no way stable enough to be released into a production environment.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides