[Gvsig_english] The non-spanish speaking gvSIG-community - do we have be to worried?

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Fri May 17 14:16:41 CEST 2013

Hi Viqui (BTW, nice to hear from you all!) and all others

"...in different areas. One of them being the translations, that seems to be
the main reason we identify for the lack of English speaking users and
developers. What happens with people that do not speak Spanish? they
obviously have
more difficulty to start with gvSIG, but IMHO it is not impossible to
collaborate either."

I agree. It is not *impossible*, but it makes it quite harder. And during
that time when I collaborated more with the translation tasks, I always used
the english translation as my "source code" and not the spanish original.
Automatic translation (google?) does not really work for me.
But the original topic of this discussion was the mailing list. I would
strongly encourage you all to use the english language. Otherwise, the
biggest part of the non-spanish-speaking community will feel excluded, not
invited. Speaking english would be a great sign for "us".

Best regards,
Wolfgang