[Gvsig_english] [Gvsig_usuarios] worries about the gvSIG-community

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Tue May 21 17:17:58 CEST 2013

Dear Guiliano,
dear all,

well, there was only one german gvSIG-user meeting in 2009. The german gvSIG
usergroup is not really visible. At least I cannot see any coordination. I
am not talking about the gvSIG fork, gvSIGce.
There is no presentation about the "original" gvSIG on the most important
german-speaking FOSS GIS conference - the FOSSGIS in june 2013 [1] - and
this speaks for itself. However, it would be important to present gvSIG
here, as it is a big, well-known event.

"I think, at least for Italy, that most of the persons using GIS software
are able as well to submit a technical question in English and I do not
think that worldwide colleagues are not going to answer because the
question has not  been submitted in perfect English  :-)
In the prospective of "globalisation" I think that fragmenting human and
technical resources is not a winning strategy."

very good point! And I would like to add: google translate might be good,
but it will not allow us to communicate with each other in a meaningful way.

Best,
Wolfgang

[1]
http://www.fossgis.de/konferenz/2013/programm/track/Vortr%C3%A4ge%20%28GIS%29/index.de.html