[Gvsig_english] Problem gvSIG 2.0.0.2066 -- Program crashes when opening ECW file

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Wed May 22 08:52:07 CEST 2013

Il 22/05/2013 08:31, Simon Cropper ha scritto:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Operating System: Ubuntu 13.04 (64 bit).
> gvSIG Version 2.0.0.2066
> Java version: 1.6.0_20
>
> **PROBLEM**
>
> When I try and open an ECW file from a fresh install of gvSIG it crashes.
>
> The ECW file is not corrupt as I can open it using an old version of
> gvSIG on Windows (in VirtualBox!).
>
> During the install I noted the installation package indicated that it
> installed the ECW support plug-in. I can see the file but selecting it
> causes the java VM to disappear. gvSIG records no errors.
>
> It has not help reinstalling gvSIG with a new install of Java.
>
> Any suggestions? I have searched the Internet but nothing obvious except
> recommendations to use Java in 32 bit mode not 64 bit mode. The attached
> report shows that java started in 32 bit mode.
>
> I have also attempted to use Version 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12 but none work.
>
> *command line output*
>
> http://www.fossworkflowguides.com/pap/files/CL_Output.txt

Hi Simon,
thank you for reporting this issue. It seems that it was already
reported in the bug tracker [#1695] with a very similar configuration
and it's still open.
I'm Italian and so I understand quite well written Spanish, but others?
So I think that it would be better to write tickets in the bug tracker
in English. IMHO full internationalization of gvSIG projects passes through
this little details and it's very important for the chances of gvSIG
project.

Cheers,
Antonio

[#1695] https://devel.gvsig.org/redmine/issues/1695