[Gvsig_english] ...and gvSIG 2.0?

Alvaro Anguix aanguix at gvsig.com
Wed May 22 10:26:48 CEST 2013

Hi Wolfgang,

The feedback that we are having with the community about gvSIG 2.0 is
very positive. They are enjoying with some functionalities like the
symbols importer or the tool to create thematic maps. I don't know if
you follow the gvSIG blog, but we are writing posts about these new
features and the new extensions there:
http://blog.gvsig.org/category/languages/english/

In your case, knowing your case studies, I would recommend you to
evaluate these new functionalities but waiting for setting the migration
out some months, since we are migrating many of the functionalities that
you use (and other new functionalities that will make the application
more powerful). For example, the legends that wasn't included in gvSIG
2.0 until now will be included soon (density point, graduated symbols or
expressions), and other functionalities like georreferencing tool or
event layer. In parallel, new developments like graphics or an extension
to access to OSM will be released.
It will be the dynamics, continuous updates consisting of migrations,
fixing errors and new functionalities.
So, in your case, I would recommend you to be aware of the 2.0 evolution
and review if it includes all the tools you need after summer.
And if you are going to deal with new developments, I also recommend you
to make them on gvSIG 2.x.

Regards,
Alvaro