[Gvsig_english] [Gvsig_usuarios] worries about the gvSIG-community

Victoria Agazzi vagazzi at gvsig.com
Mon May 27 11:05:04 CEST 2013

Hi Wolfgang,

On 24/05/2013 14:33, Wolfgang Qual wrote:
> Hello Viqui (and all the others),
>
> well... I think the list is already quite centralized. Setting up different
> groups for different languages is great, it helps people to communicate in
> their native language. But important information (like - for example -
> information on bugs, howto's, etc.) should be also available for the whole
> community. In many cases, these issues are rather technical, and you will
> not need to write a big text on that. If this "important" information is
> available "only" in spanish, this information is not available for other
> gvSIG-users (which even could provide useful information, too). I am sure
> that "our" community could be so much stronger. There are many GIS experts
> around the world...
I agree with you, and I know that for instance, on the collaboration
regarding testing, we always ask to write the tickets in English, and
then if possible translate it to Spanish. But people do it best, and
maybe they open a ticket on the language they can express the problem
they are facing.
And for the same reason on that new version of gvSIG we are trying to
spread contents on howto's in English, something that we did no before.

Best,
Viqui-.