[Gvsig_english] Field Calculator: look for an expression saved in a file

phil_murcia philipjmellor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 09:43:50 CEST 2013

Hi Antonio,

Thanks so much for the advice. It seems once you get to grips with the
Jython functions you gain a lot of capabilities. However I cannot get my
expression to work, without wanting to turn this extremely useful thread
into a troubleshooting discussion, I cannot work out why.

I have created my .py file, and switched in all the correct headings (I have
also checked for line errors in spyder environment). In gvSIG I begin
editing the layer, open the attribute table, select the 'compat' column and
then open the expression calculator. I then go to the advance tab and
explore for the correct .py file, on loading this I am still unable to click
'ok' and the 'evaluate' seemingly still does nothing. With the .py loaded I
then tried switching back to the general tab and entering the second
expression "compat([Agr],[Urb],[For],[Com],[Pub])" - but when I then try and
click ok I then get an error expression with a traceback description.

I am not implementing the expression correctly or am I missing something
obvious?

Thanks,

Phil