[Gvsig_english] Interesting question about Field Calculator

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Fri Sep 27 11:14:39 CEST 2013

Il 27/09/2013 10:49, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas ha scritto:
> I'm subscribed to gvSIG questions on GIS StackExchange site and
> yesterday one arrived that I can't directly answer but I'm interested to
> pass here, looking for more skilled users of the Field Calculator of
> gvSIG 1.12
>
> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/72579/correctly-calculating-attribute-table-column-in-gvsig
>
> The problem is quite easy but I don't know if accessing a particular
> field based on the value of another is possible without doing some
> scripting.
>
> Any ideas to help this user?

Hi Jorge,
we have just discussed about this question in this thread:
http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_internacional/2013-September/009076.html
IMHO it's not possible to calculate such field without scripting,
because the references of the fields are not static, but change
according to a specific value.

Cheers,
Antonio

--