[Gvsig_english] calculation of lengths with the field calculator

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Tue Jul 1 10:21:57 CEST 2014

Il 01/07/2014 10:02, Brandt, Christian ha scritto:
> Dear list,
>
> I am wondering why it is not possible to calculate lengths with the
> field calculator into a double-precision defined field of a polyline
> theme (used operator: ()length)
>
> I am currently using gvsig 1.12.
>
> Can anybody help?

Hi Christian,
you can use the perimeter() function in this case, because length() is
for string field only. Alternatively, you can avoid to use the field
calculator and use instead "Layer" > "Add geometric info" tool.

> Where can I find a list/description of all available field calculation
> operators?

You can find it in the Field Calculator. If you click on a function, you
will notice the information relative to that function and its synthax.
That's all. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Antonio

--