[Gvsig_english] field calculator 2nd: converting strings to numbers; field presettings

Brandt, Christian Christian.Brandt at zae-bayern.de
Tue Jul 1 13:43:20 CEST 2014

Dear list,
using the operator <toNumber> within the field calculator to convert as string defined numbers into double precision defined numbers  resulted in error messages.
Also if I define a new double precision field to write the string values in there bad messages occur.
Can anybody help?
I am currently using gvsig 1.12.

Besides that, I am wondering if it is possible to preset the field lengths before exporting an .csv file to a .shp file.

Kind regards,
Christian